Monday, August 3, 2009

Rumors & Rumor Mongers

Recently it was drawn to my attention that a character on a Bigfoot Forum that I had no affiliation with was discussing me and my business. I found it amusing that the person posting as "Boogums" was no one I knew or knew of by this screen name.

The information this person was posting was absolutely ridiculous and had no basis in reality. If this person was so concerned about my business, why didn't they just try and contact me personally?

What I found even more amusing was the fact that this person "Boogums" was relating information from a third-party who heard it from another party who were all reliable sources. Boogums, if you read this, your sources are not reliable and they are without a doubt, lying to you and to others. Always consider the source, the original is best.

Boogums also related that "I" was conveying this information through Internet Messaging, oddly enough, I never use any of the IM services nor do I care to. So you won't find me communicating by Internet Messaging Services now or any time in the future.

Boogums related that I was discussing "my complaints" with some Independent Researchers on IM......... I'm sorry, but I talk to less than a hand full of people about the subject of Bigfootery and I know the people I chat with well enough to without a doubt tell you, they don't use IM that I am aware of, nor do they appear to be rumor spreaders. The complaints as listed by Boogums were purely factless and no truth in them.

Issues like this caused me to withdraw from discussions with others on this subject. The absolute KOOKS out there who have nothing better in life to do then to:

Make up stories and the stories get ever more exciting for each new posting.

Jump on the Rumor Band Wagons and Spread Rumors.

Spread Misinformation on the subject of Bigfoot (of which nothing is known).

Challenge others credibility to cover for their own lack of such.

Think Bigfoot hangs out all over in the woods everywhere and all mysterious (to them) sounds, foliage breakage, shadows, stumps and dirt scuffs are Bigfoot related.

Post BS to forums knowing full well they are making up the info in their posts because "I conclude", they are strictly some very sorry sad people looking for attention where ever they can get it.

Say they have constant interaction with Bigfoot and can call them in (okay, any proof? No, didn't think so).


Boogums also related that "I" had some form of stance on No Kill/Pro Kill from these so called sources. It would seem from this clue that it could only come from the camp of the kooks who run around the net like "chicken little" all up in arms about killing a Bigfoot.......... I'm definitely for presenting a body to science to classify a unknown to date species and Kudos to the person who can provide such. As to me personally, I don't kill anything that doesn't threaten me with imminent death, it's as simple as that.

I have a word for all this crap that people spread, it's called FLUFF. It has no basis in facts, science or knowledge of a subject. It's filler to use as posting material on some website or discussion forum.

I personally left the one and only group of Bigfooters I belonged to for "one" year because I disagreed with the Mission of the Group, nothing to do with No Kill or Pro Kill, just that my standards did not fit theirs. Simple really, I was not in agreement and thus, I was able to walk away and go about my business on my own. Nothing sinister or deserving of rumor there.

I tend to not care for those who run around bad mouthing others. I find it childish and elementary. I do not care for rumors and rumor mongers. The so called "Bigfoot Community" is rife with these characters and their incessant desire to spread BS/Discord.

So as to that, my business is my business, whom I chose to share it with, is whom I chose to share it with and it will not entail the use of discussion forums or Internet messengers, but private conversations of a carefully select few who use LOGIC where this subject of Bigfootery is concerned.

So to those who want to spread rumors, be deceitful, play games, hide behind screen names, write lies, misinform the gullible and feud over this subject -- HAVE AT IT -- if you think the people with brains that use them don't notice your idiocy then continue on with your drama filled lives and a one finger salute to ya.

FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES:


Here is the text of this "Boogums" questions and comments on the Bigfoot Forum concerning me with names and orgs removed - to give context - I have removed the Orgs and Names from these quotes as they should not be involved in someone spreading rumors - because "Boogums" is directly related to rumor mongering, this poster is being named as should be - it's time to call out those who spread disinformation and rumor, whose soul purpose is to create division behind a screen name:




I would like to have (removed) answer this question, as it plays into the no kill-pro kill argument. I would like to know what happened with an (removed) member named waskookum, because alledgedly this person was "befriended" by a few members pretending to no kill in order to gain access to her research area. This was done, if this accurate, under false pretense and raises a sticky whicket for this research group.


Actually to be clear, the accusations come indirectly from her, through people she's spoken with privately, people I know and trust. She left because she felt wronged is the version that seems likley given the sources. I am attacking you, (removed) or anyone in asking this mind you, you're not the ones being implicated, she didn't actually name names, but the wording of what she felt happened is quite specific, and it wasn't the first time I've heard this. I heard a similar version from someone within your own group. You might bear that in mind, and no I won't name names.


Sorry (removed),But this is not intended as an atatck on (removed). I would actually like to see him deal with favorably for the sake of the good intentioned folks in his group, like Waskskookum, (removed) and others. The people involved were not named so I don't know who they are but I do trust the people who told me this. I would hope (removed) would address it.


check your pms


Well, If I'm out, I'm out, but I never said I spoke for Washskookum, but the way thing were presented, it raised questions about how a major research conducts business and all I did was give it's leader to deal with favorable in public as something like this should be dealt with in public. I'll drop it because you obviously don't want to deal with it. But sometimes it's about getting at the truth, it's not always petty feuds. Moving on.



THIS IS A PM SENT BY BOOGUMS QUESTIONING A MEMBER:


I want you to know this is not an attack on you or your group, I feel you should know this is being said and have a chance to rectify it publically. The information I'm talking about came up in IM conversation with two independent researchers who have spoken to washskookum in IM, and mentioned first she had been mauled on the (removed) by the usual nasties there, but also that she had left your group after having a couple of members befriend claiming to be no kill, but apparently lied to her. It came sounding like they were members local to her area, but I could be wrong.

FEEL FREE TO REFERENCE THIS BLOG POSTING ON ANY FORUM FOR DISCUSSION. I AM NOT ALLOWING COMMENTS, NOR DO I WANT TO HEAR ANY. I HAVE SAID WHAT NEEDED TO BE SAID ABOVE AND THAT IS IT.

I'M LEFT TO PRESUME THAT SOMEONE IS OUTRIGHT LYING TO CREATE DISSENSION OR SOMEONE IS USING MY SCREEN NAME WASHSKOOKUM TO SPREAD DISSENSION WITHIN THE POPULOUS OF THE BIGFOOT GATHERING PLACES.

EITHER WAY, THE ONLY BF FORUM I POST TO AS WASHSKOOKUM ON RARE OCCASIONS IS THE "BIGFOOT DISCUSSION FORUM" (BFD). IF YOU SEE MY SCREENNAME ELSEWHERE, IT'S NOT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment